Monday, February 22, 2010

Scan Time

Well, I had my CAT scan this morning at 9:00. This scan is to determine if my current chemo treatment plan is working. I sure hope it is. We will find out Thursday so I'll post an updated blog then. Please pray that we get some good news. I'm not expecting to magically be all better, but I would at least like to hear that it's working and that it hasn't spread any further. I'm praying all the time.

Here is some encouraging news. In November, my tumor marker number (determined by blood work somehow - I still don't totally grasp how it works) was over 300. On February 1 my number was down in the low 100's. That has to be good. The nurse practitioner told me she thought it was a good indication that the treatment was working. I'm so ready for some good news! I hope that Thursday's post is a really happy one! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment