Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PT Updates and a Few Random Thoughts

My physical therapy is going great. I can feel my leg getting stronger every day. In fact, I walked into chemo yesterday with my walker. We left the wheelchair at home! Around the house, I'm still alternating between the chair and the walker, just to ensure that I don't overdo it.

I'm really getting used to this bald thing too. Every night in the tub, all I have to do is shampoo my head and dry it lightly with a towel. It takes about one minute. A few months ago, I was so obsessed with having the perfect color and highlights. I also spent about twenty minutes every morning straightening it. Never again! After chemo, when my hair comes back, I'm keeping it short. :o)

I have another scan scheduled on the 22nd. I should find out about a week after the scan if this new chemo regimen is working. Let's pray that it's doing some good. I feel great, so I think that's a good sign.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Greg's brother in law had chemo and lost all his hair. He had curly brown hair, it came back straight and silver. Most of the people I know are happier with their post chemo hair. I'm sure you will be marvelous!
    :)
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Hey girl! I'm just dropping in to check on you. Glad to hear your strength is coming back. I can't wait until you've kicked cancer's butt and you can help others through their struggles with it.
    Praying for you and thinking about you.
    I love you my dear sweet friend. Time and distance will never take away our friendship.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete