Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hip Update


I had a follow-up appointment with the surgeon today, and I got a great report! In fact, he released me. I don’t have to go back until next August. I’ll be on a cane for awhile since I’m building all new muscles. I’m going to do something I rarely do on Facebook or in the blog: post a picture! I thought it was really cool to see the “before” and “after” versions of my hip. The image on the left is the new hip. The image on the right shows the old rod and the screw that moved through my weak hip ball. I'm really not sure how long I walked around with the old hardware out of place, but it was very uncomfortable. I'm so thankful for modern medicine and miracle surgeries! I feel sooo much better now! Although I already wrote this in another post, I have to write it again - the bone fragments removed during surgery had NO cancer. It's a miracle!


No comments:

Post a Comment