Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Scan Results

Well, it turns out that one of my liver lesions decided to stick around. Perhaps the January scan didn't see it (the lesion is small thank God). My oncologist wants to be as cautious as possible. Rather than just putting me on Tamoxifen and watch it, he wants me to do two more rounds of chemo and see if it either shrinks or completely disapperas.

I'm disappointed, but also thankful that I have a serious doctor. I would rather go through six more treaments than to come back in a few months with another January 2010 situation. So I'll weather the treatments and keep on praying. Dr Ryan (my oncologist) wants me to know that this isn't a set back. I'm still improving, tolerating treatment very well, and we are just being safe. It's important to stay either caught up or ahead of this mean disease. He is still very hopeful that in the coming months, I can go on Tamoxifen and get a chemo break. It sure was better than hearing that I'd be in chemo "indefinitely" - that was the news in January 2010. I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm very hopeful and know that God is with me no matter what. He walks with me during the good times and carries me through the tough times. Six treatments seems like nothing, considering I've been in chemo since November '09, haha! Honestly, it's really not so bad. They've made lots of improvements with anti-nauasea stuff, so I can still eat lots of good food! :o) If I ever stop eating, that’s when people should worry. I think I’m in the rare group of people that has actually gained weight during all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment