Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good News

Last week, I had an X-Ray on my leg (the cancer is in my left femur at the joint). I've not been able to walk without a lot of pain, so I'm in a wheelchair. Well, yesterday at my dr appt/chemo treatment, I learned that my leg is not any worse and I will start physical therapy next week. Hopefully I'll be up walking and out of my wheelchair really soon! Yay!

I've taken my good health for granted for so long, it's amazing how many "little" things I miss. Here is small list of some of those little things:

*Steps - Thankfully my house is all on one level. There are two steps going into the garage and my husband and brother-in-law built me a ramp. God bless them!

*Anything not on the bottom shelf in the kitchen if pretty much off limits. Thank God my husband is a good cook and very picky housekeeper. He's done pretty much everything around the house since my surgery.

*Sleeping on either side is impossible. My mastectomy was on the right side, and my bad leg is on the left, grr. So I have to sleep on my back.

*Turning corners - I have to laugh as I write this because I'm already very ungraceful. Watching me try to turn a tight corner and bumping into the walls is pretty funny.

*Going to the bathroom - I won't get too graphic on this one, but having a raised toilet seat has helped A LOT!

I've promised God that if he heals my leg, I will praise Him for every step I take. I will never take good health or the ability to walk for granted ever again! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment