Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Updates

Today I had two appointments.

One was with the surgeon that did the mastectomy. He removed the surgical drain and I was sooooo happy. It felt like getting out of jail. :o)

The second appointment was with the oncologist. The news wasn't wonderful, but it wasn't devastating either. He told me the tumor was a grade 3 (most aggressive), and that out of the 13 lymph nodes they removed, only two had cancer. In the coming weeks, I'm going to have a PET scan of the entire body and a bone scan, just to make sure it hasn't spread anywhere else.

I'm very hopeful, although I've had a sore hip for a few months. I can't help but feel really paranoid about it, but I need to be logical. My dad has terrible arthritis and he hurts in the exact spot where I hurt sometimes. I'm exactly like my dad, even down to same crooked front tooth, haha. So I never thought I would pray for arthritis, but I am now!

I will also be starting chemo in a few weeks. I'm a little antsy about that, but the doc wants to be safe and help ensure that it won't come back.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers. I'm doing a lot of praying too. I'll post more as I get updates.

4 comments:

  1. I told your Sis that I hope you have chemo at the infusion center. The nurses there are awesome and take care of you.

    Thinking positive and happy thoughts and lifting you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy...I've tried to send a "comment" more than once but failed. Guess I'm too old for this. :) Met your parents on Sunday...they are SO nice. Hope you are coping okay. We'll chat again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy...I've been thinking about you. Hope you are finding peace this day.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. Love ya, Christy

    ReplyDelete